Saturday 14 September 2013

My Experience with Leicester Award for Employability

Leicester Award for Employability Program


The day I received a notification about the module of Leicester Award for Employability, I was not sure whether I need to enroll in this module. After reviewing the objective of the module I felt great interest on this due to it is about time for me to take up a course like this.
I was sure about a great impact of this course on my upcoming career with a brand new and reputable MBA degree from University of Leicester. Although I was highly occupied with my dissertation project, I reviewed the lectures and the webiners of this module carefully in order to achieve optimal knowledge out of the module. I followed the group discussions as well thoroughly to follow the discussion threads and understand the knowledge production objectives.
 Simon Reichwald's Online net working webiner is a great presentation which taught the basics of contemporary recruitment process, job hunting process, how to network through online successfully. Attending the webiners given me a wide variety of ideas about the current job market, online job search tools and techniques, current recruitment process. This module also introduced importance of online presence for being recruited by current recruiters whose preferred mode of recruitment is also online. The module emphasized specially on LinkedIn social media for making me easy to find for the recruiters in the online space. The weibiner also discussed the common interview questions and probable answers.


The unit 1 has introduced the personal branding techniques in detail where the module taught the pros and cons of personal branding process, how to create CV, how to follow digital footprints, preparing covering letters to optimize employability. 

My LinkedIn Profile 

The unit 2 was the most informative session to increase the online presence in order to find suitable jobs in the desired areas. The session has video presentation about the recruitment process, job hunting pros and cons, how to create blogs and customize it to improve employability. Online net working webiner was a great presentation which taught the basics of contemporary recruitment process, job hunting process, how to network through online successfully. Attending the webiners given me a wide variety of ideas about the current job market, online job search tools and techniques, current recruitment process. 

My Career Summary-PREZI Presentation  

The Unit 3 is a learning session how to make excellent presentation and how to link your social medias with your personal blog and CV blog to show case professional capabilities and experiences for finding new jobs from the job market. The module also taught me how to use HootSuite social media dashboard and Prezi cloud based presentation media. Moreover in this module the latest tricks and techniques for increasing traffic in the blogs and essential etiquettes of social medias has been elaborated clearly which helped me to understand importance of social media for self promotion and increase employability.

Learning outcome from Leicester Award Program

 LA program is designed not only to improve the employability skills of the participants but also this course covers new techniques of head hunting and selection process to find the suitable candidate for a particular job. Although social networking is a new way of connectivity among people the social media has become very popular among the new generation and it drawn a substantial attention of the previous generation as well which made it a widely accepted platform of communication among the busy modern people.


“Digitally Enable” is the key word in the current business world due to a rapid shift of communication medias of modern life. Leicester Award program has introduced me to the advanced digitally enabled profile and I am much comfortable with the usage of the social media as well as the techniques of communications with the prospective employers without depending on the traditional job searching methods.


Job hunting process has been evolved drastically for the last two decade and presently employers has shifted towards the online recruitment process. After completing this course many misconception has been removed from my mind about the utility of the Social media for job searching. Earlier I used to use the social medias only for networking purpose and after completing the course I am capable of successfully search the new job openings in my field through LinkedIn and other electronic medias. After completing this course I am familiar with the basic protocols of social medias which are important for expanding network and improve job hunting prospect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment